Naval Station Mayport
Customer Name: Naval Station Mayport—SERMC Facility
Project Location: Mayport, FL
Project Size: (4) two-story modular office buildings + Site Prep and Finish Projects
Dimensions per Building: 48x60 each floor - total 5,720 sq. ft. per building
Total Sq.Ft: 22,880 sq. ft.
Contact Type: Lease
Design-Build Construction Project For the SERMC Facility
We were approached by the Naval Station in Mayport, Florida to build out a 3 phase design-build construction project. The purpose of the project was to increase office space to accommodate an influx of necessary staff to support their littoral combat ships. The Southeast Regional Maintenance Center (SERMC) requested the use of modular office buildings and our experienced crews in order to assist with the time-sensitive nature of the project.
The Three Phases of Implementation
- Phase One: Included the installation of two buildings. Each modular office building was two stories tall and the external dimensions were 48 feet x 60 feet. The entire building was installed in 20 business days.
- Phase Two: We delivered another two story, 48 ft. x 60 ft. modular office building. This time completing the installation in 10 business days.
- Phase Three: Our last phase included on more two story, 48 ft x 60 ft office facility. We installed the final building in another 10 business days.
Scope of Work for the Design Build Office Facility
One of the major benefits of being a design build modular construction company is that we can streamline the multiple components of a project in-house. Each department of our team moved swiftly to line up the logistics of engineering the buildings, building and installing the necessary foundations, transporting and installing the modular buildings to the site, and finishing the project with sprinkler systems, the foundation deck tower, and all facility steps and ramps.
For a more comprehensive list of our roles in the Naval Station Mayport facility, see below:
- Manufacturing of the modular buildings system
- Delivery of modular building systems to site
- Installation of structural concrete for building foundations
- Installation of structural concrete for stair towers/ramps
- Crane installation to aid modular buildings and their structural connections
- Installation of exterior & interior mate-line finishes
- Installation of perimeter skirting
- Installation of sprinkler system
- Installation of the two story aluminum stair towers and ramps including structural connections.