Cesar Chavez Academy
Cesar Chavez Academy, a public-school academy located in Detroit, Michigan, was founded on the idea that each student should have a safe, nurturing, and respectful learning environment while maintaining high standards and allowing each student to reach their academic and social potential. When board members approached our team in early 2005 they were paying rent for a retrofitted warehouse, enrollment was rapidly increasing, and school officials wanted all middle school students on one campus. They needed a building that would provide a prime educational setting in a few short months.
To meet the time and budgets constraints as well as facilitate the school’s unique educational goals, the school would be ready for the fall semester by using Hybrid Construction, which incorporates pre-manufactured module components, and traditional site construction. Our team, Stevens Architects, and Whitley manufacturing met the demands of the board by designing and building a 35,000 square foot, two-story facility; completed in 8 months.
Cesar Chavez Academy Middle School
- Customer Name: Cesar Chavez Middle School
- Project Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Building Type(s): Modular Classroom
- Total Sq. Ft: 35,000
- New or Used Building: New
- Job Type: Sale
Designed For Your Success
We’re proud of our work and humbled to be widely recognized as an industry leader in modular construction. Explore and review our diverse portfolio of award winning modular construction projects.
Whether you’re searching for a temporary, portable, or permanent modular building, we can help identify and tailor the right solution for your specific needs.
Each of the categories below includes a gallery of completed projects across industries. We’re excited to show you what we can do.
Frequenty Asked Questions
No. Modular buildings, even temporary ones, can be expected to last for decades. Permanent modular buildings may last for generations.
You can choose to purchase or lease modular buildings. At VESTA, we offer two leasing options:
- Operational lease: With an operational lease, you can essentially rent the building for us as long as you need. When your lease ends, the building will return to our inventory. Operational leases can last for years at a time, although they are typically more affordable if they only last for five years or less.
- Financed lease: Financed leases allow you to lease a building with the intention of owning. At VESTA, we work with financing partners who are specifically trained to finance leases for modular buildings.
Yes! Modular buildings are easy to customize. Whether you want a specific layout, materials, interior design, exterior design, specialty rooms, furniture, or amenities, we can customize your modular building to fit your needs.
The best way to understand is to remember that all modular construction is prefabricated, but not all prefabricated construction is modular.
Modular construction typically focuses on the assembly of fully closed or nearly closed modules. “3D volumetric” is also a term used for traditional modular construction. Prefab construction refers to anything pre-built for a building project, including pre-built walls, floors, or ceilings.
Still have a question?
Contact our team to get started.