Modular STEM School Expansion
The growing Genesee STEM Academy needed a temporary and permanent modular solution to accommodate the influx of student enrollment for the upcoming school year.
With only a few months to get this done, VESTA Modular was able to provide a temporary solution from our available in fleet classrooms as well as complete the design, engineering, and manufacturing of the permanent 14 classroom addition in one semester.
The new addition featured spacious sized classrooms at 27’x30’ including a science and technology classrooms with full restroom facilities for over 200 students and staff. VESTA also provided the on-site construction of the site built connecting link to adjoin the existing school to the new addition.
VESTA was hired as the Turnkey General Contractor to handle Everything from the design, engineering, manufacturing, foundations, site built connecting link to existing school, exterior and interior completion along with site finish work.
Genesee STEM Academy
- Customer Name: Genesee STEM Academy
- Project Location: Flint, MI
- Building Type(s): Education – Permanent Classroom Addition and Temporary Classrooms during construction
- Module Count: 14 modules (14’x66’ each)
- Total Sq. Ft: 12,000 Sq. Ft.
- Days to Complete: 120
Designed For Your Success
We’re proud of our work and humbled to be widely recognized as an industry leader in modular construction. Explore and review our diverse portfolio of award winning modular construction projects.
Whether you’re searching for a temporary, portable, or permanent modular building, we can help identify and tailor the right solution for your specific needs.
Each of the categories below includes a gallery of completed projects across industries. We’re excited to show you what we can do.
Frequenty Asked Questions
No. Modular buildings, even temporary ones, can be expected to last for decades. Permanent modular buildings may last for generations.
You can choose to purchase or lease modular buildings. At VESTA, we offer two leasing options:
- Operational lease: With an operational lease, you can essentially rent the building for us as long as you need. When your lease ends, the building will return to our inventory. Operational leases can last for years at a time, although they are typically more affordable if they only last for five years or less.
- Financed lease: Financed leases allow you to lease a building with the intention of owning. At VESTA, we work with financing partners who are specifically trained to finance leases for modular buildings.
Yes! Modular buildings are easy to customize. Whether you want a specific layout, materials, interior design, exterior design, specialty rooms, furniture, or amenities, we can customize your modular building to fit your needs.
The best way to understand is to remember that all modular construction is prefabricated, but not all prefabricated construction is modular.
Modular construction typically focuses on the assembly of fully closed or nearly closed modules. “3D volumetric” is also a term used for traditional modular construction. Prefab construction refers to anything pre-built for a building project, including pre-built walls, floors, or ceilings.
Still have a question?
Contact our team to get started.