Remote Mining Project
The Holden Mine Cleanup Project located in a remote area on Lake Chelan in the State of Washington was a $200+ million effort to remediate and address issues with a heavy metal mine that ceased operations during the late 1950s. The mine cleanup was led by Rio Tinto and was necessary to prevent future water and soil contamination in the lake.
In desperate need of housing and dining for the workers, VESTA, was called upon to provide an immediate and cost-effective solution. VESTA provided 88 beds with a full-service dining, kitchen and recreation facility.
VESTA was hired as the turnkey modular contractor to handle the project from start to finish. The work involved removal of an existing facility located in Williston, North Dakota, transportation of the modules from North Dakota to the doc on Lake Chelan for the modules to be shipped by boat and installed at the final location at Holden Mine.
Holden Mine—Rio Tinto
- Customer Name: Rio Tinto
- Project Location: Lake Chelan, WA
- Building Type(s): Temporary Housing, Cafeteria, and Recreation Building
- Module Count: 23
- Total Sq. Ft: 14,000 sq. ft.
- Days to Complete: 60
Designed For Your Success
We’re proud of our work and humbled to be widely recognized as an industry leader in modular construction. Explore and review our diverse portfolio of award winning modular construction projects.
Whether you’re searching for a temporary, portable, or permanent modular building, we can help identify and tailor the right solution for your specific needs.
Each of the categories below includes a gallery of completed projects across industries. We’re excited to show you what we can do.
Frequenty Asked Questions
No. Modular buildings, even temporary ones, can be expected to last for decades. Permanent modular buildings may last for generations.
You can choose to purchase or lease modular buildings. At VESTA, we offer two leasing options:
- Operational lease: With an operational lease, you can essentially rent the building for us as long as you need. When your lease ends, the building will return to our inventory. Operational leases can last for years at a time, although they are typically more affordable if they only last for five years or less.
- Financed lease: Financed leases allow you to lease a building with the intention of owning. At VESTA, we work with financing partners who are specifically trained to finance leases for modular buildings.
Yes! Modular buildings are easy to customize. Whether you want a specific layout, materials, interior design, exterior design, specialty rooms, furniture, or amenities, we can customize your modular building to fit your needs.
The best way to understand is to remember that all modular construction is prefabricated, but not all prefabricated construction is modular.
Modular construction typically focuses on the assembly of fully closed or nearly closed modules. “3D volumetric” is also a term used for traditional modular construction. Prefab construction refers to anything pre-built for a building project, including pre-built walls, floors, or ceilings.
Still have a question?
Contact our team to get started.