LaGrange Lock and Dam
LaGrange Lock and Dam is a complex on the Illinois River at Versailles, Illinois. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers built the complex from 1936 to 1939. LaGrange Lock and Dam needed a Control Shed that would be placed inside the dam area to control the dam and locks. When river waters rise, the control shed needs to be moved out of the dam for safety reasons. VESTA was contacted to provide two 8×8 modular units for its ease of portability and quick electrical disconnect to relocate out of the dam area. The walls are comprised of 3″ thick composite sandwich panels and have a 90 MPH wind load. This unit is also constructed with a 1/12 pitch shed roof, 20 gauge insulated steel doors with glass, LED lights, an electrical package for quick release during transport and HVAC system.
The entire modular building is soundproof due to the high noise capacity of the dam. The building was constructed on a skid mount frame, so it can easily be relocated with a forklift as the water levels fluctuate.
LaGrange Lock and Dam
- Customer Name: LaGrange Lock and Dam
- Project Location: Versailles, IL
- Building Type(s): Modular Control Shed
- Total Sq. Ft: 64 sq. ft.
- New or Used Building: New
- Job Type: Sale
Designed For Your Success
We’re proud of our work and humbled to be widely recognized as an industry leader in modular construction. Explore and review our diverse portfolio of award winning modular construction projects.
Whether you’re searching for a temporary, portable, or permanent modular building, we can help identify and tailor the right solution for your specific needs.
Each of the categories below includes a gallery of completed projects across industries. We’re excited to show you what we can do.
Frequenty Asked Questions
No. Modular buildings, even temporary ones, can be expected to last for decades. Permanent modular buildings may last for generations.
You can choose to purchase or lease modular buildings. At VESTA, we offer two leasing options:
- Operational lease: With an operational lease, you can essentially rent the building for us as long as you need. When your lease ends, the building will return to our inventory. Operational leases can last for years at a time, although they are typically more affordable if they only last for five years or less.
- Financed lease: Financed leases allow you to lease a building with the intention of owning. At VESTA, we work with financing partners who are specifically trained to finance leases for modular buildings.
Yes! Modular buildings are easy to customize. Whether you want a specific layout, materials, interior design, exterior design, specialty rooms, furniture, or amenities, we can customize your modular building to fit your needs.
The best way to understand is to remember that all modular construction is prefabricated, but not all prefabricated construction is modular.
Modular construction typically focuses on the assembly of fully closed or nearly closed modules. “3D volumetric” is also a term used for traditional modular construction. Prefab construction refers to anything pre-built for a building project, including pre-built walls, floors, or ceilings.
Still have a question?
Contact our team to get started.