Apartments on Man-Made Island
MSC Cruse line set out to build a man-made island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean to serve as a day stop destination for the cruise ship passengers.
By utilizing two different manufacturing partners, one located in Florida and the other in Georgia, to construct 80 modules off site in less than 90 days, VESTA successfully provided (3) 3 story apartment buildings consisting of 132 units with (1) 2 story executive town home consisting of 4 dwelling units.
VESTA was hired to handle the design, engineering, manufacturing, transportation from factory to the port, ocean freight transportation from port to Ocean Cay, installation of modules on site, fire suppression design and work in factory, along with completion of site related finishes such as siding, roofing, decks, steps, and ramps.
WINNER OF THE MODULAR BUILDING INSTITUTE AWARD OF DISTINCTION
- Customer Name: MSC Cruise Line
- General Contractor: Bouygues Batiment Int.
- Project Location: Ocean Cay, Bahamas
- Building Type(s): Apartments and Townhomes
- Module Count: 80 total Modules
- Total Sq. Ft: 47,000 sq. ft
- Job Type: Permanent Modular Construction
Designed For Your Success
We’re proud of our work and humbled to be widely recognized as an industry leader in modular construction. Explore and review our diverse portfolio of award winning modular construction projects.
Whether you’re searching for a temporary, portable, or permanent modular building, we can help identify and tailor the right solution for your specific needs.
Each of the categories below includes a gallery of completed projects across industries. We’re excited to show you what we can do.
Frequenty Asked Questions
No. Modular buildings, even temporary ones, can be expected to last for decades. Permanent modular buildings may last for generations.
You can choose to purchase or lease modular buildings. At VESTA, we offer two leasing options:
- Operational lease: With an operational lease, you can essentially rent the building for us as long as you need. When your lease ends, the building will return to our inventory. Operational leases can last for years at a time, although they are typically more affordable if they only last for five years or less.
- Financed lease: Financed leases allow you to lease a building with the intention of owning. At VESTA, we work with financing partners who are specifically trained to finance leases for modular buildings.
Yes! Modular buildings are easy to customize. Whether you want a specific layout, materials, interior design, exterior design, specialty rooms, furniture, or amenities, we can customize your modular building to fit your needs.
The best way to understand is to remember that all modular construction is prefabricated, but not all prefabricated construction is modular.
Modular construction typically focuses on the assembly of fully closed or nearly closed modules. “3D volumetric” is also a term used for traditional modular construction. Prefab construction refers to anything pre-built for a building project, including pre-built walls, floors, or ceilings.
Still have a question?
Contact our team to get started.