Spelman College | Art Studio
Spelman College needed a quick solution that would provide their students with additional art space before they returned from winter break. The open classroom space is used for a multi-use 3d art studio where they have special rooms for woodworking, print making, and pottery. The facility was outfitted with special floor and fireproof materials so that a kiln could be installed for firing ceramic pottery. There were a few challenges beyond the fire proofing that VESTA was able to solve. VESTA had to remove an existing iron fence and the building was set on a slope. The site installed ramps and steps also needed to accommodate this steep incline. VESTA worked around all obstacles to provide a solution to meet the needs of the students.
- Customer Name: Spelman College
- Project Location: Atlanta, GA
- Building Type(s): Modular Art Studio
- Total Sq. Ft: 2,160 sq. ft.
- New or Used Building: New
- Job Type: Sale
Designed For Your Success
We’re proud of our work and humbled to be widely recognized as an industry leader in modular construction. Explore and review our diverse portfolio of award winning modular construction projects.
Whether you’re searching for a temporary, portable, or permanent modular building, we can help identify and tailor the right solution for your specific needs.
Each of the categories below includes a gallery of completed projects across industries. We’re excited to show you what we can do.
Frequenty Asked Questions
No. Modular buildings, even temporary ones, can be expected to last for decades. Permanent modular buildings may last for generations.
You can choose to purchase or lease modular buildings. At VESTA, we offer two leasing options:
- Operational lease: With an operational lease, you can essentially rent the building for us as long as you need. When your lease ends, the building will return to our inventory. Operational leases can last for years at a time, although they are typically more affordable if they only last for five years or less.
- Financed lease: Financed leases allow you to lease a building with the intention of owning. At VESTA, we work with financing partners who are specifically trained to finance leases for modular buildings.
Yes! Modular buildings are easy to customize. Whether you want a specific layout, materials, interior design, exterior design, specialty rooms, furniture, or amenities, we can customize your modular building to fit your needs.
The best way to understand is to remember that all modular construction is prefabricated, but not all prefabricated construction is modular.
Modular construction typically focuses on the assembly of fully closed or nearly closed modules. “3D volumetric” is also a term used for traditional modular construction. Prefab construction refers to anything pre-built for a building project, including pre-built walls, floors, or ceilings.
Still have a question?
Contact our team to get started.