The Citadel Dormitory
Charleston, SC is known for Rainbow Row and Magnolia Plantation. The campus of The Citadel is also known for its Romanesque style of architecture, and the staff at The Citadel wanted to maintain the look and feel of the iconic architecture on their campus. The goal of the project was to create a dormitory that blended seamlessly on the campus. Time to completion was not in the school’s favor. With a small window of time, it was apparent that using modular techniques was the only option available.
To reduce the amount of time spent on the site, we constantly reviewed the schedule. Especially with the Covid pandemic, we had to ensure that only contractors’ schedules were coordinated to improve efficiency and safety. VESTA Modular’s holistic project approach allowed our team to maintain fiscal effectiveness during difficult times. By working hand-in-hand with The Citadel team, VESTA was able to take their concept and create a welcomed addition to their beautiful campus.
WINNER OF THE MODULAR BUILDING INSTITUTE AWARD OF DISTINCTION
The Citadel Dormitory
- Customer Name: The Citadel
- Project Location: Charleston, SC
- Building Type(s): Modular Dormitory
- Module Count: 16
- Total Sq. Ft: 8,448 sq. ft.
- New or Used Building: New
Designed For Your Success
We’re proud of our work and humbled to be widely recognized as an industry leader in modular construction. Explore and review our diverse portfolio of award winning modular construction projects.
Whether you’re searching for a temporary, portable, or permanent modular building, we can help identify and tailor the right solution for your specific needs.
Each of the categories below includes a gallery of completed projects across industries. We’re excited to show you what we can do.
Frequenty Asked Questions
No. Modular buildings, even temporary ones, can be expected to last for decades. Permanent modular buildings may last for generations.
You can choose to purchase or lease modular buildings. At VESTA, we offer two leasing options:
- Operational lease: With an operational lease, you can essentially rent the building for us as long as you need. When your lease ends, the building will return to our inventory. Operational leases can last for years at a time, although they are typically more affordable if they only last for five years or less.
- Financed lease: Financed leases allow you to lease a building with the intention of owning. At VESTA, we work with financing partners who are specifically trained to finance leases for modular buildings.
Yes! Modular buildings are easy to customize. Whether you want a specific layout, materials, interior design, exterior design, specialty rooms, furniture, or amenities, we can customize your modular building to fit your needs.
The best way to understand is to remember that all modular construction is prefabricated, but not all prefabricated construction is modular.
Modular construction typically focuses on the assembly of fully closed or nearly closed modules. “3D volumetric” is also a term used for traditional modular construction. Prefab construction refers to anything pre-built for a building project, including pre-built walls, floors, or ceilings.
Still have a question?
Contact our team to get started.