The Hill School
The Hill School, a private boarding high school, had an immediate need for additional dormitory space to support a growing student population and plans to renovate existing dorms in the future. VESTA Modular came up with a unique floorplan that housed 28 students, 1 staff room and 1 family staff room with a lounge space, laundry facilities, gang restrooms and a gender-neutral restroom. The building is approximately 7000 sf, consisting of 14 modules set as a single story. The challenge was the site location, which was overlooking a dell and an underground creek, therefore no work could be done below grade. The school elected to use a site-installed faux ledge-stone skirt around the perimeter to make the building stand out, as well as TREX decking and ramps to match the campus aesthetic. The new “Dellside Dorm” is a space for students to live comfortably so they can focus on their education.
The Hill School
- Customer Name: The Hill School
- Project Location: Pottstown, PA
- Building Type(s): Temporary Dormitory
- Total Sq. Ft: 7,056 sq. ft.
- New or Used Building: New
- Job Type: Sale
Designed For Your Success
We’re proud of our work and humbled to be widely recognized as an industry leader in modular construction. Explore and review our diverse portfolio of award winning modular construction projects.
Whether you’re searching for a temporary, portable, or permanent modular building, we can help identify and tailor the right solution for your specific needs.
Each of the categories below includes a gallery of completed projects across industries. We’re excited to show you what we can do.
Frequenty Asked Questions
No. Modular buildings, even temporary ones, can be expected to last for decades. Permanent modular buildings may last for generations.
You can choose to purchase or lease modular buildings. At VESTA, we offer two leasing options:
- Operational lease: With an operational lease, you can essentially rent the building for us as long as you need. When your lease ends, the building will return to our inventory. Operational leases can last for years at a time, although they are typically more affordable if they only last for five years or less.
- Financed lease: Financed leases allow you to lease a building with the intention of owning. At VESTA, we work with financing partners who are specifically trained to finance leases for modular buildings.
Yes! Modular buildings are easy to customize. Whether you want a specific layout, materials, interior design, exterior design, specialty rooms, furniture, or amenities, we can customize your modular building to fit your needs.
The best way to understand is to remember that all modular construction is prefabricated, but not all prefabricated construction is modular.
Modular construction typically focuses on the assembly of fully closed or nearly closed modules. “3D volumetric” is also a term used for traditional modular construction. Prefab construction refers to anything pre-built for a building project, including pre-built walls, floors, or ceilings.
Still have a question?
Contact our team to get started.