Temporary Isolation Dormitories
Tufts University has created special dorms for students who test positive for the corona-virus as part of the steps the school is taking to welcome students back in the fall. The modular dormitories will be used as living spaces for students that need to be quarantined. The spaces will allow students to have clean, quiet private rooms as well as limited interactions in small groups.
VESTA worked with Tuft’s general contractor on site as VESTA was only responsible for the delivery and installation of the buildings. Tufts general contractor brought the utilities to the site and made the necessary connections. We also supplied the furniture that came with the buildings and did the site built corridor. For the installation, we utilized an above grade foundation, with anchors, and skirting.
- Customer Name: Tufts University
- Project Location: Sommerville, MA
- Building Type(s): Modular Dormitory
- Building Size(s): (2) 29' x 229'
- Number of Beds: (2) 44 person dorms
- New or Used Building: Used
Designed For Your Success
We’re proud of our work and humbled to be widely recognized as an industry leader in modular construction. Explore and review our diverse portfolio of award winning modular construction projects.
Whether you’re searching for a temporary, portable, or permanent modular building, we can help identify and tailor the right solution for your specific needs.
Each of the categories below includes a gallery of completed projects across industries. We’re excited to show you what we can do.
Frequenty Asked Questions
No. Modular buildings, even temporary ones, can be expected to last for decades. Permanent modular buildings may last for generations.
You can choose to purchase or lease modular buildings. At VESTA, we offer two leasing options:
- Operational lease: With an operational lease, you can essentially rent the building for us as long as you need. When your lease ends, the building will return to our inventory. Operational leases can last for years at a time, although they are typically more affordable if they only last for five years or less.
- Financed lease: Financed leases allow you to lease a building with the intention of owning. At VESTA, we work with financing partners who are specifically trained to finance leases for modular buildings.
Yes! Modular buildings are easy to customize. Whether you want a specific layout, materials, interior design, exterior design, specialty rooms, furniture, or amenities, we can customize your modular building to fit your needs.
The best way to understand is to remember that all modular construction is prefabricated, but not all prefabricated construction is modular.
Modular construction typically focuses on the assembly of fully closed or nearly closed modules. “3D volumetric” is also a term used for traditional modular construction. Prefab construction refers to anything pre-built for a building project, including pre-built walls, floors, or ceilings.
Still have a question?
Contact our team to get started.