Modular Classrooms & Schools for Sale or Lease
For years, VESTA Modular has been providing our award-winning classrooms to educational institutions all over the country. If you’re quickly running out of space to accommodate your teachers and students, or if you’re looking to build a cost-effective, unique school that your students look forward to attending each day, modular classrooms and school buildings are the way to go.
*Subject to Availability, contact our sales team for options in your state
Available Schools & Classrooms
Types of Modular Classrooms and Schools
A modular classroom or school is a prefabricated building. Unlike stick-built structures which are built outdoors and on location, these modules are constructed offsite in controlled environments utilizing a repeatable assembly process, greatly reducing the time it takes to complete the project.
VESTA offers affordable, brand new, customizable modular classrooms and schools as well as high-quality refurbished models—superior space solutions for students and staff alike. Whether you need an entire permanent academic campus or a temporary classroom while undergoing renovations, VESTA Modular can help.
Is your school experiencing an influx of students? Need to acquire more space as soon as possible? Modular classrooms to the rescue! Our single-wide modular classrooms typically have dimensions of 24’ x 36’ or 24’ x 40’. At around 745 square feet of space, they are the perfect size to conduct one full class.
All single classrooms can include a handicap-accessible bathroom if needed, and new classrooms can be customized to best serve your students. Maybe you want a specific layout that encourages more individual workspaces, or perhaps you want tile instead of carpet to make cleaning up a breeze. Whatever customizations you need, VESTA can help.
- Temporary classroom: Whether your grade school or college university is experiencing higher enrollment or you need a temporary space solution during campus construction, a single classroom is the perfect solution.
- Emergency response: In the wake of a natural disaster, children need a safe, clean, secure place to learn. Single classrooms can be quickly deployed so children can continue going to school after a disaster or emergency.
- Sunday school: Single classrooms are a great option for churches or other religious organizations looking to increase space for weekly instruction.
For those that require more temporary or permanent space than a single classroom offers, consider a double wide classroom. With the option for up to two bathrooms and all of the customizations that a new build offers, a double modular classroom is great for housing two separate classes, a library, administrative offices, or whatever else your school is in need of.
- Large classrooms: Two classrooms contained in one building minimizes utility connections and decking compared to two, single-unit classrooms.
- Student centers: Double classrooms are the perfect size for larger forms of student support, such as a library, computer lab, or advisory center.
- Youth rooms: The extra space of a double classroom makes it well suited for youth rooms and other flex spaces often used by churches and community organizations.
- Job training: Double classrooms can easily accommodate small class sizes or large groups of new employees for on-the-job training.
Are you expanding a large part of your current school building and require multiple temporary units to hold classes during construction? A temporary multi-classroom setup can be leased and deployed quickly to fit your tight timeline.
Our brand new multi-classroom modular complexes are also a fast and affordable way to add to your existing school. We can match the materials to seamlessly blend in at a fraction of the time it would take for a standard build to be completed. Modular classrooms can also be connected to your existing school with a connecting corridor. Multi-unit classrooms come with the option to include multiple bathrooms, a welcoming foyer, and even space for a separate office.
- Campus expansions: Need a new wing for your school campus? Multi-classrooms are the ideal space solution for large expansions. They can be stand-alone buildings or connected to existing facilities.
- Instructional space: Dedicate part of your manufacturing plant or commercial office complex to continual training and instruction with our multi-classrooms.
Have you been wanting to create a brand-new academic campus that your community will love? Check out our custom modular school complexes. You get to choose everything, from the size to the layout to the color—this school will be truly unique and built to precisely serve your needs. Modular schools offer quick turnaround times at a great price for organizations requiring space for their preschool, elementary, junior high, high school, college, or university.
- New schools: Design a school from the ground up with our custom classrooms and other modular school buildings.
- Satellite campuses: No matter where you want to build your school, our team at VESTA has the experience to build modular classrooms and school buildings at remote locations, from rural America to tropical islands.
Interested in providing daycare or early education services for your community? Modular classrooms provide the perfect backdrop for fun, educational activities.
Whether you’re a school looking to serve preschoolers and kindergarteners or you’re an office environment interested in supporting working families, our modular daycares are the perfect addition to any institution. Choose bright, exciting colors to capture childrens’ attention while saving money in construction costs.
- Preschool: Our daycare buildings can be easily customized to better suit the needs of an early education and preschool environment.
- Office daycare: Provide a safe place for working parents to take their children during the work day right on your office campus.
- Church nursery: In addition to watching children during your weekly religious service, consider opening up your church nursery as a daycare during the week.
- Hospital daycare: Many hospitals and healthcare work environments offer daycare for busy frontline workers.
- Military daycare: Support military families by offering daycare on the military base.
Get Fully Furnished Schools & Classrooms with Beyond the Box
Why Use Modular Classrooms & Schools?
There are some great benefits to modular construction for all kinds of schools:
During the project inquiry phase, you’ll need to determine which type of classroom best suits your needs:
- New vs. pre-owned modular classrooms: A new build gives you more control over what the classroom will look like and how it will function, though it will cost more and take more time to complete than a pre-owned classroom.
- Portable vs. permanent modular classrooms: If you need temporary space for a classroom, a portable unit would better suit your needs. Permanent modular classrooms have a more extensive installation process.
- Lease vs. purchase for modular classrooms: If you want to outright own your classroom(s), no problem—you can purchase it immediately. However, if that doesn’t fit your budget or requirements, we also offer a few types of leasing options.
Design & Permitting
If you’re seeking a new custom build, we can help. Together, we will sit down with our design team to plan out the layout. This is determined by the size plan, the type of foundation your structure requires, and your budget, as well as your preferences for spacing, style, layout, etc.
After the blueprints are completed, engineers will ensure your site is properly prepped for the beginning stages of the excavation.
In our climate-controlled environment, module creation begins. For new modular school buildings, you can depend on our strong steel frame and choose between wood and steel for the studs and floor decking (or concrete for flooring for permanent structures). The material you settle on will be a reflection of both budget and the climate in which your school will be placed.
Transportation & Installation
Once your classroom or complex is completed, we will drive it to your site and place it onto the prepared foundation using a crane or translift. While you may want to add sidewalks and landscaping to further spruce up the exterior, as soon as your utilities are turned on, your building is ready to use.
Cost of Modular Classrooms & Schools
At VESTA, we offer flexible leasing options designed to make it easier for schools to get the classrooms and buildings they need based on their budgets. You can lease your classroom for as long as you need—and not a day longer. You can also choose to lease to own; we can connect you to one of our financing partners to help with initial costs.
Purchasing a modular classroom or school building can be more cost effective over time. If you’re making a large investment in your school, such as a new wing or an entirely new campus, purchasing may be the best option.
Other Cost Factors
In addition to choosing to lease or purchase a modular classroom or school building, other factors can affect cost, such as:
- Building size: Single classrooms are our least expensive product, while sprawling custom classroom complexes come with a higher price tag.
- New or used: Often, choosing a pre-owned classroom from our inventory is less expensive than a new, custom build.
- Permanent or temporary: We often recommend temporary classrooms and school buildings if a school only intends to use the modular building for five years or fewer.
- Customization: Our modular classrooms and school buildings are endlessly customizable. However, customization tends to result in a higher price.
- Beyond the Box: With Beyond the Box, you can fully furnish your new classroom or school building through VESTA Modular at a fair but higher cost.
Find Modular Classrooms Near You
Want to learn more about your prospective modular classroom or modular school complex? Send us a message today for a free estimate of your project.
Frequenty Asked Questions
VESTA Modular offers modular buildings for lease and purchase. In the modular construction industry, renting and leasing mean the same thing.
If you would like to purchase a modular building, we recommend constructing a custom building to fit your specific needs. New builds are also eligible for a financed lease to ease initial costs, in which you lease to one day own the building.
If you would like to lease a building, you can still build a new model, or you can choose from our thousands of used buildings in our inventory.
In general, we recommend leasing if you are going to be using your building for less than five years. Typically, it is more cost-effective to lease for short-term space needs and purchase for long-term ones. However, we offer leases for as long as needed, even offering indefinite leases for customers who may require it.
This is dependent on the size of your classroom. A single classroom can fit one standard size class (30 students), while a modular school complex could accommodate 20 different classrooms at any given time. Whatever space needs you have, we are happy to help.
We’ve helped schools of all sorts find the space solution they need with modular classrooms and school buildings. From preschools to public schools to private schools to charter schools to technical schools to colleges and universities, VESTA Modular can help.
Still have a question?
Contact our team to get started.