Modular & Prefab Buildings for Sale
VESTA provides buildings that can be considered prefab and modular in nature. While these terms may seem interchangeable, they are not the same thing. While all modular buildings are prefabricated, not all prefabricated buildings are modular. VESTA’s modular, prefabricated buildings are a cost-effective modular space solution for many industries.
What Is Prefab?
Prefab refers to a pre-made individual piece or part of an overall building structure. Prefab structures and materials are always created off-site in a climate controlled factory environment, meaning their quality is unmatched. Prefabricated materials or modules are later transported to an on-site location for installation.
Types of Prefab Structures
Examples of prefabricated structures that can be used in modular construction include:
- Bathroom pods
- Assembled ductwork
- Precast walls, staircases, or floors
- Window panels
Modular buildings are fully encapsulated, volumetric modules made out of prefabricated materials. The use of pre-made components makes the process of modular construction much faster. Find your dream office, classroom, university dormitory, church, healthcare clinic, or government-use building at VESTA.
Prefabricated Modular Construction Process
VESTA creates custom modular buildings utilizing prefabricated materials. This keeps costs lower and cuts down on construction time, meaning your organization gets its structure faster.
Whatever industry you’re in, we’ve worked with it—VESTA has extensive experience in many sectors. While we are excited to chat about what specifics your organization is interested in, you can have more peace of mind knowing we’ve designed and constructed hundreds of schools, clinics, churches, and offices, and we are happy to help create a custom plan. We will discuss the size of the space you require, what layout will serve your company best, and what materials and aesthetics fit your style and intention.
In the design phase, we will also determine what type of foundation best suits the site of this project, obtain the necessary permits, and receive necessary building approvals from structural engineers.
Once your plans are finalized, our contractors will begin the module build(s) in a climate-controlled factory. This process is streamlined and free from weather hazards or site-related delays, so you can be assured your project timeline won’t fall behind. Everything from the doors to the floors to the plumbing to the painting is completed to perfection before the building leaves the warehouse to be placed on your site.
Transportation & Installation
Your new modular building is almost ready for use! Our team will take great care in loading the module, transporting it to the site, and moving it onto the prepared foundation (often via crane). Once the utilities are turned on, your new space is ready to use and enjoy.
Benefits of Using Prefabricated Construction
There are many advantages to utilizing prefab materials in new, modular construction, including:
- Less crew required: When using prefabricated materials, there is less work to do from scratch. A smaller team can complete a project in a shorter amount of time compared to a larger team creating every piece by hand. This will also help you save money.
- No manufacturer-related setbacks: As long as the prefabricated materials are already at the factory site, there are no potential issues when it comes to waiting for components to ship. Prefabricated construction ensures your builders are in control of the timeline and can stick to it.
- Quicker turnaround time: A prefabricated building can be completed much faster than a traditional on-site stick build. While the site excavation is underway, the entire building can be constructed at a different facility—no waiting weeks or even months and dealing with possible site delays. As soon as the site is fully prepped, the prefab structure is ready to set.
- Cost-effective structure: Prefabricated construction offers savings by nature, as the process is more efficient and repeatable.
- Superior quality: With the prefab materials and buildings being constructed inside, they are safe from weather-related issues, and often are completed to a higher standard than that of site-built projects.
- More sustainable: There is significantly less material waste with prefabricated, modular buildings, as every step and component is detailed and accounted for to a higher degree than that of traditional site-built construction processes.
- Less site disruption: There is much less noise pollution, emissions from construction equipment, and foot traffic with modular construction. Post-site prep, the only work that will need to be completed on-site is the installation of the finished building.
Types of Modular Buildings Offered by VESTA
VESTA has new and used modular buildings for every industry and their needs.
- Modular offices: No matter what kind of business you have, a reliable, welcoming office is key to productivity. Impress potential employees and customers with a custom space that serves your team in every way, permanently, or while your current office is under construction.
- Modular classrooms: If your district is experiencing an influx of new students, or if your current building is in serious need of a modern revamp, modular classroom buildings are the best way to quickly accommodate classes of all sizes. We offer single and double classrooms, as well as entire educational complexes.
- Modular healthcare facilities: From university clinics to dental offices to veterinarians offices to urgent cares to imaging labs, modular healthcare buildings are perfect for customizing your new space or adding onto an existing hospital. During the pandemic, temporary modular healthcare buildings really came in handy for hospitals seeing patient surges.
- Modular churches: Create a vibrant, warm space for your religious organization. Whether your congregation is growing, or you temporarily need a place to use for youth groups or administrative work, VESTA provides spaces of all sizes.
- Modular jobsite trailers: If you work in the construction industry, the oil industry, or somewhere rather remote, you’re familiar with temporary jobsite trailers. VESTA provides delivery all over—contact us today to get more information on securing a space as soon as possible for your project.
- Modular government buildings: Municipalities need safe, secure, sturdy spaces for their endeavors. Modular buildings can be made from an array of durable materials and be fitted with additional security measures when necessary.
- Permanent modular buildings: While we do have many refurbished modular buildings for rent, we also sell them, as well as customized modular spaces. A modular building will always be more affordable than a traditionally built structure—save money and receive higher quality with permanent modular construction.
- Temporary modular buildings: We offer flexible lease terms for modular buildings and are happy to work with you on your specific needs. Generally, if you need a building for less than five years, a lease is recommended.
Customize Your Prefabricated Modular Building Today
Ready to learn more about acquiring a modular building for your company? Send us a message today—VESTA offers prefab modular buildings for sale and for lease.
Related Blog Posts
VESTA Celebrates Women In Construction
Women are making important headway into the traditionally male-dominated field of construction, from business ownership to skilled trades.
Modular Construction’s Impact on Future Construction
While traditional construction is struggling in the face of supply chain and labor shortages, modular construction is becoming an even better alternative.
The Ultimate Guide to Modular Buildings
Not only is a modular building more affordable than a traditionally constructed building, but it can also be delivered and ready for use much faster.