Is your building under construction? Do you need a command center for your construction site? Office trailers are comfortable, affordable space solutions that help teams stay organized and continue working as efficiently as possible.
What Is an Office Trailer?
An office trailer is a portable modular office typically used as a temporary space solution. You’ll often find them used as jobsite trailers for construction projects or as swing spaces to meet temporary government, school, or healthcare needs.
Office trailers, also known as mobile offices, are portable. This means they can be easily transported between locations. They may be permanently affixed to a wheeled frame, or they may be set directly on the ground after transport.
Why Rent a Mobile Office Trailer?
There are many benefits to getting an office trailer rental, including:
- Temporary solution: Leasing an office trailer allows you to get the space you need without committing to a permanent structure.
- Portability: Office trailers are easily relocated to other areas of the jobsite or different sites entirely, depending on your needs.
- Security: You can add locks to your mobile office trailer, including card access locks, traditional key locks, or passcode locks. Consider adding security cameras as well as temporary fencing to ensure your trailer is protected against theft or fraud.
- Fast deployment: Depending on the scope of the project, office trailer rentals can be delivered in months, weeks, or even just a few days. At VESTA Modular, our fleet of prefabricated office trailers means we are ready for immediate deployment and installation at a moment’s notice.
- Flexibility: Office trailers are great candidates for flexible leasing agreements. Whether your construction project finishes early or runs longer than expected, you can lease your office trailer for as long as you need—no more, no less.
- Cost-effectiveness: For short-term projects that run only a few months to two years, you can enjoy significant cost savings in comparison to buying a permanent office building.
Cost of Renting an Office Trailer
Leasing prices vary greatly depending on location, length of lease, and any custom requests. Standard modular office trailer pricing starts around $400/floor and goes up from there.
Generally speaking, you can expect costs to fall in the following ranges across the modular industry:
- Monthly fees: It typically costs between $400–$1,000 in monthly fees to rent a trailer, depending on size and location.
- Small trailer rental fee: 8’ x 20’ trailers are typically leased for $400–$600 a month.
- Mid-sized trailer rental fee: 10’ x 40’ trailers typically cost $700–$900 a month.
- Large trailer rental fee: 12’ x 60’ trailers typically cost $800–$1,000 per month to lease.
- Delivery and setup costs: Transportation and installation can cost anywhere from $10/mile to $20/mile for standard buildings.
- Set-up costs: Installation costs typically run between $750–$1,500 for a normal block, level, and tie-down, depending on single wide size.
- Utility hookup costs: Plumbing and electrical hookup expenses vary greatly depending on local requirements. Make sure to take these costs into account when planning your rental budget.
- Cost of value-added products: Optional items, such as decks, steps, ramps, security bars, furniture, and other products, typically cost an additional $75–$500 per month.
- Removal costs: Return freight would cost the same as delivery costs, with dismantling costs running 90% of set-up costs.
Keep in mind that these price ranges are subject to change depending on industry standards. Be sure to connect with your modular supplier and local sales representative for the most accurate rental and leasing prices.
Common Uses for Office Trailer Rentals
On a construction site, having a secure, clean office in which to get business done is critical. Store documents, sign contracts, fill out paperwork, review blueprints, and hold meetings in your ground level office trailer rental. Lease your office trailer for the length of the job, no matter if you finish behind or ahead of schedule.
Portable Healthcare Offices and Medical Labs
During the COVID-19 pandemic, it has been more important than ever to have safe, clean overflow spaces for staff and patients. With quick installation guaranteed, an office trailer rental allows hospitals to increase their square footage for a short amount of time and save money while protecting patients and healthcare workers. We’ve even provided a portable office trailer for a hospital in just seven days.
Secure Government Offices
Government agencies know to come to VESTA Modular for temporary office trailers in case of emergency. Our trailers are the perfect swing space or secure monitoring base during natural disasters such as hurricanes, tornadoes, and wildfires.
We also can provide office trailer rentals during construction projects on government offices, such as a secretary of state, library building, town hall, or city hall, allowing public servants to continue serving their community.
Portable Classrooms and School Offices
Office trailer rentals are the perfect school space solution during times of increased enrollment, ongoing construction, social distancing, or displacement due to a natural disaster. With a high-quality office trailer rental, superintendents and school boards can ensure that education budgets are prioritized for their students, not expensive infrastructure costs.
Multipurpose Office and Storage Trailers
Our office and storage trailers, as well as our on-ground office containers, are designed to help folks who are leasing space and need it to be multipurpose. Office trailer rentals leased to provide one management-level position a desk from which to work can opt to have a portion of the container square footage designated for storage. A divider wall can typically be installed if stored items and employee space need to be separated.
Office Trailers for Landfills and Waste Management Sites
Even if they aren’t the most desirable workplaces, landfills and waste management facilities need someone on site to manage them. However, building codes, land issues, and more can hold back the construction of a permanent office building at a waste management site or landfill. With a portable office trailer, you can place your office wherever makes the most sense and move it if necessary.
Office Trailers for Remote Work Sites
Arctic expeditions, drill camps, remote forestry work—often, such remote work sites are temporary in nature. With an office trailer rental, you can tow in your office at the beginning of your project and tow it out when the work is done. Our team at VESTA Modular has the necessary expertise to deliver office trailers anywhere in the world, no matter how remote or extreme the environment is.
Small-Distribution Office Trailers
Distributors often must travel from location to location to distribute goods in a wide variety of industries. Working from a hotel is perfectly fine — until you need to meet with a client. For many traveling small distributors, a portable office trailer rental is the answer.
Retail Office Spaces
Retailers that find themselves in older downtown buildings or need extra storage space for inventory should consider leasing an office trailer rental until a more permanent office can be installed.
Office Trailer Rental Dimensions
Rentable office trailer dimensions can vary widely. Below are some of the most standard temporary office dimensions and layouts that you’ll find.
Single Wide Office Trailer Rental: Floor Plans and Specs
Our single wide office trailers are generally used as a purpose-driven utility building. They’re sturdy, easily securable, and good at keeping your property dry.
General portable office trailers are helpful when the appearance and height of the building need to match your existing structures. These trailers come with plenty of options for flooring, siding, roofing, and access ramps or stairs.
Check out some of our more popular single wide models:
- 12′ x 36′ single wide office trailer
- 12′ x 60′ single wide office trailer
- 14′ x 60′ single wide office trailer
Double Wide Office Trailer Rental: Floor Plans and Specs
Double wide offices are often two prefabricated, single wide office units fixed together seamlessly to give occupants the feeling of openness.
Check out some of our more popular double wide models:
- 20′ x 48′ double wide office trailer
- 24′ x 36′ double wide office trailer
- 24′ x 60′ double wide office trailer
Temporary Office Complex Layouts
Office complex trailers are simply three or more modules assembled together. Modular building units can also be stacked vertically for worksites and campuses that would benefit from a taller building rather than a wider one.
Check out some of our more popular temporary office complex layouts:
- 36′ x 60′ 3-plex portable office complex (triple wide)
- 48′ x 60′ 4-plex portable office complex (quad office)
- 60′ x 60′ 5-plex portable office complex
On-Ground Shipping Container Offices Rental: Floor Plans and Specs
Shipping containers are a great, affordable option for anyone in need of a quick, portable office space. Our prefabricated shipping containers come in two standard modular office sizes and sit directly on the ground of your worksite.
Check out our standard models available from our Atlanta, Miami, and Houston branches:
- 8’ x 40’ single wide on-ground portable office container
- 8’ x 20’ single wide on-ground shipping container office
What Office Rental Floor Plan Dimensions Should I Choose?
There are multiple factors you should consider when selecting the right office trailer rental size for you and your team. The most important considerations include size, intended usage, and space needs.
Size of Installation Site
Some construction projects are limited on their office trailer size due to property size obstacles. Make sure to check with any local requirements regarding the space needed in order to place a modular building, even a temporary one.
If length is an obstacle, you might want to rent a wider double wide or multiple single wide shorter units. If length and width are a problem, consider stacking to add height, or opt in for a square office complex.
Employee Usage & Office Capacity
Depending on how you plan to utilize an office trailer, some people recommend between 60–150 square feet per worker. For more formal staffing layouts or cubicle designs, the square footage per workstation increases to between 400–500 square feet per station.
Be sure to ask about the actual amount of usable space any office trailer you’re considering. This may change depending on the layout of the trailer, bathroom requirements, and wall specifications.
Office Trailer Rental Features
Many high-quality office trailer rentals come standard with great features, such as:
- Electric heating and cooling
- Rough-ins for low voltage systems, including voice, data, security, and fire alarm
- ADA-compliant handicap bathrooms
- Climate-controlled office environments with HVAC systems
You can also customize many standard features, such as:
- Lighting installations
Be sure to ask about value-added products, including:
- Office furniture (chairs, couches, filing cabinets)
- Desks or blueprint tables
- Full data connectivity wiring
- Entrance ramps or stairways
- Security systems (cameras, locks)
VESTA Modular also offers multiple financing agreements, including cooperative purchase options. Be sure to ask our team about custom financing in addition to custom features.
Renting an Office Trailer in Your State
VESTA Modular has office trailers for lease in many states. We understand the different state requirements for spacing, delivery, installation, and more. Contact your local VESTA office for more information.
Find an Office Trailer for Rent Near You
Ready to lease your next office trailer? Contact us today to get a free quote.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What’s the Difference Between a Mobile Office, Portable Office, and Temporary Office?
Mobile offices, portable offices, and temporary offices all refer to the same thing: a modular office building that has been constructed for temporary (not permanent) use and can be easily transported between locations.
What’s the Difference Between Used, Lease, and Rent?
VESTA Modular offers modular buildings for lease and purchase. In the modular construction industry, renting and leasing mean the same thing.
If you would like to purchase a modular building, we recommend constructing a custom building to fit your specific needs. New builds are also eligible for a financed lease to ease initial costs, in which you lease to one day own the building.
If you would like to lease a building, you can still build a new model, or you can choose from our thousands of used buildings in our inventory.
In general, we recommend leasing if you are going to be using your building for less than five years. Typically, it is more cost-effective to lease for short-term space needs and purchase for long-term ones. However, we offer leases for as long as needed, even offering indefinite leases for customers who may require it.
Related Blog Posts
Permanent modular office buildings are a great solution for any business looking to increase ROI for their headquarters or satellite offices.
Modular buildings can be used as jobsite trailers in industries ranging from construction to healthcare, making them great as mobile offices and more.
Modular municipal buildings are a versatile and cost-effective solution for cities, counties and towns looking to expand or upgrade their infrastructure. These buildings are constructed…